We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Plant Manager, for our client located in the Burlington area.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and assisting plant management in the areas of customer service, production, manufacturing, quality, safety, compliance, training and maintenance.
• Provides leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers
• Ensures that production is coordinated to meet daily distribution requirements – including quality
• Leads reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensure required government and/or environmental regulations are met.
• Ensures team is fully trained in, committed to, and conducts their activities in accordance with all aspects of Safety and Quality systems and requirements
• Monitors production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting plant management with developing contingencies
• Identifies issues and leads improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc., reporting all activities to plant management
• Manages and escalates equipment and product quality issues
• Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies
• Leads 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identifies ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
• Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching and counseling subordinates
• Engineering Degree preferred-mechanical, industrial
• 10 years experience in an industrial, fast-paced plant environment required
• 5 years managing and developing employees required
• Experience working and/or managing in a union environment preferred
If you meet the job requirements, please send your resume in care of Job #1309 to firstname.lastname@example.org