Our fast-paced and innovative industrial manufacturing client is seeking an experienced Demand Planner to join their forecasting team.
If you are a numbers person who is driven to analyze, forecast and keep many moving parts on track, this is your kind of role!
The Demand Planner is responsible for the development and execution of scalable production plans. Working collaboratively across all departments, the Planner ensures that production is sustained and achievable while controlling for costs and anticipating challenges.
The Planner assists in estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models. The Planner acts as specialized analytical support to and the communication link between marketing/sales, purchasing, transportation and distribution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible to the development and execution of an achievable production plan Developing demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
– Reviewing sales trends, researching demand drivers, preparing forecast data, developing statistical forecast models, and evaluating forecast results
– Coordinating cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
– Maintain the ERP system to ensure the demand and supply planning’s accuracy
– Review material shortages status and ensure material are available to support production per the load plan
– Building the future production plans and schedules according to company goals through a combination of demand, capacity and inventory analysis
– Interacting with cross functional teams to understand demand forecast drivers
– Refining systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs
– Preparing and maintaining relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
– Adhering to and maintaining all safety and quality standards, while upholding a favourable working environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Bachelor’s degree or diploma or Supply Chain Management certification preferred
– Experience utilizing ERP for planning and scheduling within a manufacturing environment – minimum 5-8 years previous experience
– SAP proficiency (production planning, purchasing) preferred
– Strong communication skills – able to communicate at all levels of the organization
– Ability to analyze data, present information to cross functional teams
– Highly organized, have a strong sense of urgency, focus on details
– Solid understanding of inventory management policies, practices and procedures
– Highly developed analytical, quantitative and data analysis aptitude.
– Demonstrated ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
– Experience in the industrial industry desired – plastics preferred.