DIRECTOR, IT INFRASTRUCTURE
Exceptional opportunity for an innovative professional who thrives in a fast paced environment using leading edge technology to be an integral part of the IT senior management team for our client, a well established organization.
The Director, will be responsible for the strategic planning, direction, leadership and management of the IT Infrastructure Department to ensure corporate targets and goals are met. The Director is additionally responsible for the planning and implementation of enterprise and departmental IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
- Manage all technology platforms.
- Engage, plan and work with all stakeholders and team members to determine, implement and oversee all current and future infrastructure requirements. Manage tasks, provide cost-effective strategies to eliminate redundancies, inefficiencies, and lower costs while keeping scalability, robustness, security, continuity of business and disaster recovery with stakeholders in top of mind.
- Define, implement and manage the corporate mobile strategy.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams responsible for improving or re-engineering business processes and information systems to align with strategic business directions including best practices and overall industry standards.
- Work towards achieving total system integration based on knowledge of continuing developments in information technology and assess the relevance of these to the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend corporate information systems technology solutions. Oversee current and anticipated projects to create, replace, enhance and modify technology platforms. Negotiate and manage vendor relationships including establishing a process for evaluating new and existing vendors, to ensure services delivered meet the required business value objectives, IT and security standards.
- Establish standards, policies and procedures with relation to Information Technology.
- Ensure the reliability of the corporate computer infrastructure through contingency planning and the security and integrity of corporate data through adherence to Information Technology policies and standards.
- Responsible for long-term strategic planning including technology roadmap and 3 year rolling IT strategy, documentation and training.
- Responsible for the preparation and managing of the capital and operating budgets.
- Works with management team to provide corporate planning including enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans, providing reports and communication on all IT Infrastructure and Security related activities.
- Ensure adherence to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the IHSA’s EUS rulebook, and company safe work practices, environmental policies and Health & Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties related to the above job purpose.
- Minimum eight years of progressive IT and management experience including information security, IT governance, risk and compliance, best practices in application and network security, and experience in the operation and support of a wide range of networked end user computing technologies.
- Experience leading overall infrastructure for a complex organization and network.
- Working knowledge of VMware, SAN and related technologies. Cisco-based network communications Technology. High availability and disaster recovery architecture, communication and related technologies.
- Cloud and Cyber Security experience essential
- Demonstrable record of achievements in the IT field.
- Familiarity with project management tools including scope documents, communication plans and project schedules.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- High degree of judgment, discretion and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and excellent research and analytical skills
- Leadership, supervisory and management training/skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work, care and condition of tools, materials and equipment. Must be fully aware of job hazards and use appropriate safety equipment and procedures to protect self and others.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Computer Technology or Engineering, MBA an asset
- Competitive Salary and exceptional benefits
Please forward resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject IT Director
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.*