Our valued client, respected provider in LTC, is looking to fill a Director of Care Position for their Long Term Care Home in Aurora, Ontario.
As the Director of Care, you’ll oversee the activity of the nursing department and personal support workers on staff, in addition to monitoring and improving care for residents. Using your knowledge of nursing best practices, you’ll maintain the standard of care that has been established while adapting to new circumstances.
Reporting to the Administrator, you will provide guidance for both frontline staff and supervisors, and be a resource for their questions and concerns. You’re a mentor and provide leadership that helps your team help residents.
You’ll also be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and improving key quality indicators. This will involve audits, and you’ll be responsible for finding solutions for ongoing performance issues.
Succeeding in this role requires a strong dedication towards team building. The care provided is only as good as the relationship between staff and residents; you’ll ensure that your staff has everything that they need, and that residents receive everything they’ve come to expect.
You take pride in your work, and have the independence and drive to take the great work we do, and make it even better.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
• Provide direction and support to mangers in all program areas (Wounds, Infection Control, Falls Prevention etc.)
• Hold regular meetings to keep staff informed of ongoing issues/circumstances
• Interview/hire/review nursing staff, and implement corrective action where necessary
• Develop/adapt yearly budgets
• Monitor expenses and write monthly spending reports
• Monitor payroll and provide avenues for resolution when problems arise
• Analyze ongoing trends, and find areas for cost savings/quality improvements
• Assist in processing/assessing incoming residents and their care requirements
• Track and evaluate quality and risk indicators
• Develop/update policies, programs and procedures
• Stay informed on relevant legislative changes
• Ensure compliance with MOHLTC
This is a full-time, permanent position,- Monday to Friday. There will be occasional evenings and weekends, depending on scheduled events and/or emergencies.
You’ll find commitment, dedication, and the desire to improve everywhere you look: that’s because we truly care about the well being of our residents, and believe in our ability to always do better.
Ideally, we are seeking someone with direct experience as a Director of Care or Director of Nursing in a long-term care home.
However, we are very open to considering qualified candidates with long-term care home nursing experience, with previous supervisory/leadership experience.
• Current RN certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 1+ year experience as an RN in long-term care
• 3+ years experience as a Registered Nurse, in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
• Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based clinical practices
• Comprehensive knowledge of long-term care concepts and philosophy
• Experience in policy and program development, preferably in a long-term care environment
• RAI/MDS/AIS training/certification, or completion within 1 year of joining us
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards (e.g. LTCHA, Ontario nursing legislation, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
• RN (Required)
If you meet the job requirements, please send your resume in care of Job #1181 to firstname.lastname@example.org
As one of the top consulting and executive search firms in our market, Core Executive Consultants is the choice of high end candidates. We focus on building relationships that earn an endorsement.
Our recruiters work in six distinct practice areas: Engineering & Operations, Human Resources, Food Manufacturing, Health Care, IT and Finance & Accounting.
To gain industry insight and stay up-to-date on company news, follow us on linked in and twitter.
Type of Executive Search / Recruiting Engagements: We work on retainer and contingency agreements depending on complexity and confidentiality of assignment. We place both permanent and contract employees. Call us at 519-679-CORE (2673) and have a look at our available positions at www.core-exec.comApply Now