Our Client, located near Sudbury Ontario, is looking for a well-respected Accounting Supervisor/ Financial Analyst to join their team.
This position will support the operations in ensuring they have all the financial information they need (monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting, business case analysis, etc).
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Reporting and Analysis:
• Ensure that purchases and expenditures are within budget and in accordance to spending guidelines.
• Monthly reporting and analysis of results
• Ensure operations understand their performance, analyze variances when necessary
• Including preparation of monthly operating dashboard.
• Ensure the financial reports required by the business to manage are available
• Analysis as needed to understand results to help drive performance
• Forecasting – work with the lines of business to prepare the forecast at least annual if not semi-annual going forward.
• Budgeting – work with the lines of business to prepare the annual budget
• Analyzes cost centre detail and provide variance explanations
• Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
• Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
• 5+ years of experience in an Analyst role.
• Valid accounting designation (or in process)
• Strong analytical and accounting skills.
• Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs.
• Advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
• Advance experience working with databases for analysis.
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
Job Type: Full-time
If you meet the job requirements, please send your resume via email, referencing job # 1132 to email@example.com
As one of the top consulting and executive search firms in our market, Core Executive Consultants is the choice of high end candidates. We focus on building relationships that earn an endorsement. Our recruiters work in six distinct practice areas: Engineering & Operations, Human Resources, Food Manufacturing, Health Care, IT and Finance & Accounting.
To gain industry insight and stay up-to-date on company news, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.