Our valued client, located in the London, Ontario area-with a fast paced manufacturing environment, is looking for a HSE Specialist to join their team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Interpret and provide advice to management, supervisors and associates on H&S matters
-Develop, implement and standardize policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OHSA
– Develop and maintain Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies, and procedures. Respond to H&S inquiries/concerns and provide H&S support to Team Leaders, managers, supervisors and associates
– Communicate H&S strategies and rules and participate as the Management Certified member and Co-chair of the JHSC
– Understand, communicate and train on legal and corporate requirements to management and affected areas. Stay abreast of all current and new health and safety related legislation impacting the businesses
– Facilitate Health & Safety Corporate Orientation
Education and Experience:
– Post-secondary education in the field of Occupational Health and Safety.
A Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience.
Completion of a professional designation such as CHSC or CRSP
A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an H&S role.
Extensive knowledge and application of:
o Occupational Health & Safety Act and Industrial Regulations;
o Environmental legislation and ISO 14001 requirements;
o The Ontario Building Code and Fire Code
-Experience with OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 management systems.
-Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to build partnerships and collaborate with various functional areas.
Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you meet the job requirements, please send your resume in care of Job #1374 to email@example.com
We Recruit for Most Permanent and Contract Business Roles : These positions include management, executive, contract, permanent, president, vice president, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, CTO, C-Level, accounting, accountant, finance, financial, banking, legal, sales, sales representative, sales rep, retail, marketing, advertising, brand, branding, account executive, national accounts, key account, engineering, engineer, project manager, information technology, IT, human resources, HR, logistics, distribution, procurement, buyer, supply chain. Call us at 519-679-CORE (2673).