Health And Safety Manager – 804745
Reporting to the Director, QHSE, the Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the development, organization, deployment, administration, and monitoring of all Health and Safety programs within the Plant, Distribution, Warehouse, and Sales. The successful incumbent will focus strategically on prevention and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety within production activities.
Ensure thorough implementation and execution of HSE-related programs and processes as well as ensures all H&S programs comply with company and regulatory requirements. You will also conduct assessments to identify potential hazards or impacts and establish controls to mitigate risks and maintain records, investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare appropriate reports.
• Focus on proactive safety programs
• Assist with the development and implementation of H&S programs to deliver reductions in workplace injuries, lead Ergonomics Program including training, metrics reporting, observations, and maintenance of the program
• Support facility Safety Committees and lead regional focus groups
• Assists teams in educating employees on practices, precautions, and procedures established
• Ensure reporting of performance metrics
•Deliver weekly / monthly updates to senior management and provide commentary on trends, initiatives and overall HSE culture at divisions,
• Drive positive safety culture throughout the organization and work closely with site leadership
Health and Safety Compliance
• Support the investigation of incidents, assist on the execution of reporting & incident learnings and ensure proper follow up of action plans together with management
• Capture incident learnings and best practices and share with appropriate stakeholders
• Business Liaison to the Government Safety, Fire Department, Insurance Company and other regulatory agencies as needed
• Keep up to date on provincial regulatory requirements.
• Assist with the collection and evaluation of all industrial hygiene data including but not limited to chemical, noise, other physical agents, and ergonomics. Communicate findings and propose corrective measures while working closely with the facilities.
• Conducts risk assessments and ensures all activities undertaken to comply with H&S processes and appropriate legal requirements
Health and Safety Management System
• Assist in the development and implementation of a wide variety of HSE-related training programs. Programs will include training at all levels of the organization
• Ensure effective consistent implementation of HSE standards
• Perform H&S Management System audit assessments according to established frequency.
• Support management on corrective actions arising from the H&S audit (internal or external) are implemented in a timely manner
• Lead provincial rebate programs
• Diploma or Degree in a program relating to safety, CRSP designation a definite asset.
• Minimum 4+ years of HSE experience and minimum of 2 years’ management role
• Warehouse, Distribution & Fleet is considered an asset
• Acts as a change agent to drive cultural change and inspires others to action through collaboration and influence
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Focus on customer service, building relations with functional and with key stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solid customer service orientation.
• Must have strong communication & presentation skills and the ability to relate to all levels of the organization.