Our client is a fast-growing manufacturer located near Tilbury, ON. Due to their continued expansion and increased market share, they are looking to add a Materials Specialist to their team.
Reporting to the Materials Supervisor, the Materials Specialist is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the primary production schedule and manage the day-to-day production workflow.
Specific duties include:
– Developing and maintain inventory levels
– Working closely with suppliers to alleviate any shipping delays and or other concerns.
– Advise management of the status of material flow and any potential problems to ensure that materials and services are provided as needed
– Resin ordering and re-ordering
– Main contact with steel component suppliers
– Provide solutions to planned scheduling conflicts immediately
– Provide alternative scheduling for conflicts that arise
– Ensure scheduling deadlines are met
– Work with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes with scheduling
– Identify and implement planning systems and process improvements
– Participate in APQP process
– Work to stabilize the schedule to promote company operations efficiency and effective operations.
– Collaborate with departments involved and lead necessary meetings if the plan must be changed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
– Minimum 3 years of material coordination experience in a manufacturing environment
– Willingness to work a flexible schedule (be available for overtime when required)
– Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
– Working knowledge of MRP, ERP systems
– Sound planning, prioritization, and execution skills
– Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
– Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
– High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite, with advanced excel skills
– Knowledge of all material functions including material flow, BOMs and Routers, suppliers, transportation, warehousing, inventory, purchasing, and finance.
As one of the top consulting and executive search firms in our market, Core Executive Consultants is the choice of high end candidates. We focus on building relationships that earn an endorsement.
Our recruiters work in six distinct practice areas: Engineering & Operations, Human Resources, Food Manufacturing, Health Care, IT and Finance & Accounting.
To gain industry insight and stay up-to-date on company news, follow us on Linkedin and twitter.Apply Now