Reporting to the Controller, the successful incumbent will be responsible for assisting with a wide range of accounting responsibilities within a fast-paced manufacturing environment in the London & Tillsonburg.
The Plant Accountant is responsible for reviewing, analysing documenting, understanding and streamlining all financial business processes. The role will assess business needs, design, develop and recommend solutions based on user and legislative requirements. This position requires a motivated and service-oriented individual with the ability to work accurately, effectively and independently in a demanding environment in order to meet multiple deadlines.
The Plant Accountant must be able to solve problems, suggest solutions and be accepting of continual change. Primary duties are listed below:
– Prepare account reconciliations and analyses, and ad-hoc reports as required by senior staff.
– Demonstrated experience of cost accounting and plant audits in a fast paced manufacturing environment is mandatory
– Assist with the interpretation of financial information and co-ordinate information for financial reports.
– Act as financial liaison with other departments and stakeholders by conducting plant wide cost analysis and reports.
– Support year-end procedures by producing working papers, analyses and reports for external auditors.
– Make recommendations to develop/refine procedures and internal controls and assist with implementation.
– Maintain current documented procedures for key responsibilities.
– Perform other various financial and accounting duties as required.
The individual must be able to perform well independently and as a team player, work in a fast-paced and demanding work environment and pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy. Therefore the following skills are required:
– Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to apply business analysis techniques to increasingly complex projects or initiatives.
– Ability to manage competing priorities, ensuring deadlines or deliverables are met.
– Apply accounting knowledge to determine how accounting problems and errors should be corrected and determine the best course of action to ensure transactions are accounted for appropriately.
– Interpret and implement policies and regulatory requirements or analyze procedures and recommend changes and improvements as required.
Education, Certification and Other Qualifications Required:
– Post-secondary diploma or degree from an accredited educational institution in Accounting, Business Administration or related field of study.
– Enrolment or completion of a professional accounting(CPA) designation will be considered an asset.
– Minimum 3-5 years of accounting and costing experience, in manufacturing mandatory.
– Experience in a lean manufacturing environment is an asset
– Advanced knowledge of excel, PowerPoint and SAP preferred.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation package for this full-time permanent role with a stable and progressive company.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org ID #1288.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those candidates with the required qualifications will be contacted.