Production Manager – London Ontario
POSITION SCOPE: Overall supervision, planning and implementation as well as continual improvement of daily production operations.
SAFETY, QUALITY, & ENVIRONMENTAL OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Act in compliance with the company Health & Safety policies and procedures including any applicable legislation.
2. Notify the appropriate personnel of any situation or condition that may contribute to product non-conformity.
3. Comply with the Environmental Policy and contribute to its goals and objectives accordingly.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures production facility is clean and safe at all times. Ensure that responses to workplace inspections are completed and maintained properly.
o Oversees the production operations in all aspects including:
o Scrap reporting and scrap reduction plans and activities
o Production efficiency – reviewing and improving efficiencies through cycle time and labour allocation.
o Labour requirements – determining manpower requirements by shift/day and classification.
o Ensures employees are trained in all aspects of position.
o Ensures employees understand and adhere to quality standards.
• Revises forecasts to ensure planning 2-3 months ahead.
• Coordinates the activities between production departments.
• Ensures proper documentation is performed consistently such as tally sheets, scrap tags and time sheets.
• Monitors and trains supervisors.
• Meet daily production schedules. Ensure resources are available to meet daily production schedules.
• Ensures process standards are documented and adhered to.
• Plans to ensure the most efficient use of resources: material, machine and human.
• Manages and meets performance goals.
• Reviews current standards and through the continuous improvement processes, makes amendments to improve processes, procedures and standards.
• Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
3. Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer and supplier needs; meets commitments; develops positive relations internally and externally.
4. Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively with all team members (customer and plant). Works effectively with a variety of people with different personalities, and effectively leads projects to fruition. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents information clearly and is easily understood.
5. Organizational Support – Follows policies, procedures, work instructions and practices; completes administrative tasks accurately and on time.
6. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
– Post Secondary education,
– A minimum of 10 years in an automotive parts manufacturing environment (5 years in similar management role).
– Key factors are a proven record of continuous improvement application (LEAN,TPS, etc.) and resulting bottom line improvement.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting to JOB no.1364 or via our secure career portal at www.core-exec.com
About Core Executive Consultants
We Recruit for Most Permanent and Contract Business Roles: These positions include management, executive, contract, permanent, president, vice president, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, CTO, C-Level, accounting, accountant, finance, financial, banking, legal, sales, sales representative, sales rep, retail, marketing, advertising, brand, branding, account executive, national accounts, key account, engineering, engineer, project manager, information technology, IT, human resources, HR, logistics, distribution, procurement, buyer, supply chain. Food and Manufacturing industries are a particular strength and have just rolled out a new Health Care division. Call us at 519-679-CORE (2673).
Type of Executive Search / Recruiting Engagements: We work on retainer and contingency agreements depending on complexity and confidentiality of assignment. We place both permanent and contract employees. Call us at 519-679-CORE (2673). Apply Now