Project Manager, Deep Energy Retrofit
Windsor Essex CHC provides well-maintained, safe, and affordable community housing in a respectful and fair manner. We are leaders in the housing sector and contribute to the development and support of strong communities in the City of Windsor and County of Essex.
In partnership with Core Executive Consultants, Windsor Essex CHC is recruiting for a driven, collaborative, results-oriented Project Manager, Deep Energy Retrofit to join and lead the development of an overall strategy for the Deep Energy Retrofit Program by working with CHC staff, consultants, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have five, or more, years of experience in the design and construction of energy-efficient retrofits or new construction that must include three years of experience in analyzing energy efficiency technologies.
What You Will Do
Title: Project Manager, Deep Energy Retrofit
Reports To: Senior Manager, Projects
Department: Asset Management
Direct Supervision: Project Coordinator (1)
Working under the direction of the Senior Manager, Projects, the Project Manager, Deep Energy Retrofit is responsible to oversee the collaboration of consultants, contractors, CHC and partners in the planning, scope, design, and construction of all work of the Deep Energy Retrofit (DER) projects, which comprise of comprehensive whole building retrofits that seek to achieve building level energy and GHG reductions.
- Ability to Plan, Organize and Self-Manage
- Consistent Health & Safety Awareness
- Customer Service Focus
- Detail Orientated
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Effective Listening
- Ethical Behaviours and Professionalism
- Facilitative Communication
- Focus on Quality and Efficiency
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Logical Decision Making and Judgement
- Manage Risk
- Negotiation and Influencing
- Team Work
- Technical Knowledge
- Writing Skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of an overall strategy for a Deep Energy Retrofit Program by working with CHC staff, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Manage the development and execution of a strategy for undertaking Deep Energy Retrofit projects for CHC’s portfolio of buildings.
- In close collaboration with CHC stakeholders, consultants, and contractors, manage the execution of design and construction for Deep Energy Retrofit projects in accordance with accepted standards, CHC policies, applicable Code, by-law, legislative and agency requirements.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage and provide all relevant project schedules.
- Identify and oversee applications for funding, grants, energy rebates, as relevant.
- Review, provide comment, and make recommendations on design packages submitted by consultants for proposed projects. Coordinates with in-house or third-party Measurement and Verification to ensure expected outcomes are realized.
- Work with consultants to identify and analyze promising candidate buildings for Deep Energy Retrofit projects; convert assessment findings into project scope and actionable work proposals to be advanced to design and construction.
- Provide administrative support for projects; help manage administrative documentation that is necessary to advance Deep Energy Retrofit projects, including overseeing budgetary approval package preparation, change orders, payment requests, invoice review and other tasks.
- Oversees consultants preforming engineering calculations and energy modeling; works with Consultants to assess the accuracy of estimated energy usage reductions, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions for proposed energy efficiency projects.
- Perform site visits throughout the project implementation process to assess energy usage reduction opportunities at CHC buildings, refine proposed scopes of work, ensure project compliance with the scope and schedule set forth in contract documents, and perform Measurement and verification activities.
- Facilitate consultant and contractor site visits and walk-throughs with relevant internal staff.
- Ensure use of a thorough construction quality management system is documented and followed by the contractor to verify the intended design (drawings and specifications) is implemented into the construction.
- Perform research and technology reviews on equipment, techniques, automation etc. that will benefit CHC Deep Energy Retrofit Projects or other CHC buildings.
- Bring projects to a close, including creating an end of project report and lessons learned evaluation.
- Conduct and support program data collection, analysis, tracking, and reporting to ensure accurate, on-demand project reporting in a range of areas, including facility Energy Management plans, funding reports, target savings reports, schedule compliance updates, budget and financial documents, and scope of work updates; maintain relevant project tracking databases.
- Provide direct supervision to staff, students as assigned.
- Develop effective relationships with other departments and work in collaboration to maintain these relationships to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Represent CHC at tenant, community, or public meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Three year College diploma or University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-mechanical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the design and construction of energy efficiency retrofits in diverse buildings and/or new construction of high performing buildings (Passive House or Net Zero); experience to include three (3) years’ experience in analyzing energy efficiency technologies and controls and specifying upgrades to improve the energy performance of building systems.
- Familiarity with energy usage, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions calculation methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of applicable design codes, design standards, and specification requirements, with the ability to interpret and apply them to specific project scopes.
- Passive House Experience/Passive House Certification considered an asset.
- Formal training in project management and demonstrated use of project management skills.
- Ability to interpret all building component drawings e.g., electrical, mechanical, structural drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to recognize uncommon problems that could lead to or affect the structure, and ability to determine appropriate solutions to a wide range of technical problems.
- Good knowledge of Planned Maintenance and Safety Administration, Building Code and Associated by-laws, Fire Code, Health and Safety Act, WHMIS.
- Ability to communicate with architects and professional engineers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential and high-rise building maintenance and construction procedures including safety and energy conservation items.
- Excellent writing skills to prepare reports, memorandums, notifications, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, political representatives, Board of Directors, consultants, contractors, residents, and the public.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple responsibilities and working to deadlines.
- Certified Energy Manager or Energy Manager in training, considered an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Desktop and Project Scheduling software.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G”, current valid insurance, and the use of a personal vehicle.
- Travel required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
Working in partnership with Windsor Essex Housing CHC, Core Executive Consultants will be accepting all resumes and cover letters in confidence from interested candidates. To review the Job Opportunity Profile, please visit the Featured Jobs section on our homepage, www.core-exec.com to download your copy.
Requests for additional information on the role, and/or confidential suggestions or nominations, may also be submitted. Please contact Janet Black – Managing Director, Talent Acquisition, at 519 679 2673 with any questions you may have.
Core Executive Consultants is an Executive Search & Recruitment & HR Consulting firm serving Canada and the United States. Our search process ensures unwavering confidentiality while respectfully adhering to the Human Rights Act to uphold an unbiased and successful process for our candidates. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.Apply Now