Shift Manager 1454610
Greater Sudbury, ON
We’re seeking a dynamic individual with a strong drive to make a significant impact, promote growth, and elevate our client’s organization.
In the capacity of Shift Manager, you’ll be operating under the guidance of the Mill Superintendent. Your duties will span across all supervisory aspects of a shift crew, inclusive of multifaceted services and warehousing responsibilities.
• Manage, supervise, and safeguard all components of the shift operation while adhering to the companies policies and procedures
• Guarantee all safety and environmental protocols are upheld while synchronizing processes and maintenance to ensure optimum operational availability, superior quality standards, and cost efficiency.
• Foster and execute a forward-thinking safety program within your shift.
• Demonstrable competency in communication is crucial.
• Between 5-10 years of applicable experience in a mill with a trajectory of increasing responsibility.
• An undergraduate degree in engineering and/or corresponding practical experience in the industry.
• Proficiency in supervising and leading within a unionized environment.
• Possession of a technical degree will be viewed as a strong asset for this role.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
• Supervisory and Leadership – Evident and well-honed leadership prowess in a unionized environment.
• Safety – Extensive experience, comprehension, and application of safe work practices.
• High motivation – Skilled at key supervisory responsibilities such as encouraging crew, promoting autonomy, setting expectations, and enforcing accountability in terms of Health and Safety, environmental and quality standards, operating norms, costs, and technical procedures.
• Technical – Acquaintance with the operation and maintenance of the mill.
• Innovation – Aptitude to introduce process or design amendments to enhance department operations.
• Work Complexity – A high degree of responsibility for personnel, safety, upkeep, and production concerns.
• Problem-Solving/Critical Thinking – Proficiency in analysis, prioritization, sound decision-making, and efficient and effective problem resolution.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the capability to communicate effectively.
• Robust organizational, planning, and time management capabilities.
• Advanced computer skills – Familiarity with CMMS and SAP is desirable.
• Candidates must successfully navigate a selection procedure that might comprise panel interviews, testing, background verification, health assessments, and drug and alcohol testing.
• The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.